Workforce Solutions offers free job search assistance, career counseling, and job search workshops to anyone interested.
Simply visit one of the five WFS Offices located throughout the tri-county area to meet with a Workforce Solutions Professional and they can lead you through a process to match you with the job that is right for you and your skills and talents.
An assessment is utilized to provide you guidance and support for your job search, as well as identify possible trainings you may directly benefit from. Call toll-free to 1 (877) 687-1121 to locate your nearest WFS Office and schedule your appointment today.
Want to see what jobs and openings are available in your City?! Well, you can jumpstart your job search by checking out our latest customized tools designed with you in mind!
- Start now by clicking here to see an interactive map with local featured jobs.
- You may also go here to search for job postings everywhere in Texas.
Job Interview Tips:
1. What to wear for a job interview? (CareerBuilder.com article by Mary Lorenz)
- Business professional: In a business professional atmosphere, suits are the norm. Women might wear a skirt or pant suit with heels, while men may wear a blazer or suit jacket, button down shirt, suit pants, a tie and dress shoes.
- Business casual: Forget the suit when interviewing at a business casual company. Men might opt to wear dress slacks or chinos, a button down or polo shirt, a belt and dress shoes. Women might consider wearing a conservative dress, or a blouse (or sweater) with a skirt or dress pants and dress shoes or boots.
- Casual: When interviewing at a casual office, it's still important to look polished and professional. (Save the jeans and flip flops for when you actually have the job.) Men might consider wearing a long-sleeved dress shirt, khaki pants a belt, and dress shoes. Women might wear a collared shirt with pants or a pencil skirt, or a work dress.
3. Resume writing 101 (CareerBuilder.com article by Debra Auerbach)
Resources for Adults with Disabilities:
- Home Modifications to Promote Independent Living
- Disability Accommodation Cost Guide
- Home Safety for People with Disabilities
- Fire Safety & Disabilities Guide
- Disability.gov’s Guide to Transportation
- Increasing Physical Activity among Adults with Disabilities
- Stay Active with a Disability: Quick Tips
- Personal Finance Guide for People with Disabilities
- Home Fire Safety