Workforce Solutions subsidizes the cost of child care services for eligible families in Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy counties through the administration of the Child Care Services (CCS) program. Child Care providers should be aware that the families they serve may be eligible for this assistance.
As a provider, you may receive this funding for the services you provide by becoming an authorized child care provider with Workforce Solutions. After receiving authorization the CCS parents record attendance daily by using the Child Care Attendance Automation (CCAA) system. Providers will then receive payment, on attendance properly reported, either monthly or bimonthly.
If you are interested in becoming a Workforce Solutions authorized child care provider, please contact Sandra Solis by phone at (956) 928-5000 or by e-mail at sandra.solis @ wfsolutions.org.
For information on Child Care Licensing, Standards & Regulations, visit the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services website.
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) website also provides valuable information, including information on becoming an accredited provider (such as a Texas Rising Star Provider).
Child Care Provider Lists
- Texas Rising Star (TRS) Provider List
- Texas School Ready (TSR) Grant Project Provider List
- National Accreditation (NA) Provider List
- Complete CCS Provider List
Click or tap one of the following:
Child Care Provider Forms & Logs
The forms below are only for Licensed Centers and Homes, and Registered Homes:
Provider Links & Contact Information
- View your Child Care Automated Attendance
- Understanding Developmental Screening & Early Intervention
- Child Development Information
- CCAA Login Instructions and User Manual
- POS Machine Manual
- For POS machine and IVR problems call the ACS - CCAA Provider Help Desk at 1-866-320-8720
- DFPS Child Care Licensing
- Stop Bullying Now Posters
- Professional Development for Child Care Providers Caring for Children with Special Needs
- Online courses and other resources are available to help child care providers learn about best practices in inclusive child care. The online courses and resources are developed and produced by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service of the Texas A&M University System in cooperation with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, Child Care Licensing Division, using funds provided under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and by the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Professional Development Training for Providers Caring for Infants and Toddler with Special Needs has online courses covering a variety of inclusive child care topics. All courses are free of charge.
- Inclusive Child Care Get Started Kits for Infant and Toddler Caregivers contains tip-sheets, checklists, multi-media resources and more. Materials can be downloaded and printed at your convenience.
->Do you need new ideas for providing technical assistance?
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, Child Care Licensing (CCL) is pleased to announce the availability of new free online training and technical assistance materials for child care providers! With funding provided by the Texas Workforce Commission, CCL contracted with the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service to develop 12 new online Health and Safety courses, 24 technical assistance documents, and multi-media resources for providers and child care licensing staff. All of the courses and materials are consistent with current Minimum Standards and also offer best practice guidance for our providers.
All online courses and training materials are available to the public on the Child Care Training page. The links below take you directly to the list of courses and materials that you can use to augment and support your TA discussions with providers. The online courses are available in English and Spanish, and the technical assistance materials are available in Vietnamese as well. These new resources are in addition to the training added in February 2015 related to the inclusion of infants and toddlers with special needs in child care settings.
Fax numbers for Child Care Providers:
Provider Assistance: 1-866-867-8264
WFS Mission Office: 1-866-580-6089
WFS Weslaco Office: 1-866-890-5452
Finance (CCS Billing): 956-926-4801