fbpx
English Español

Leadership

Share this post

Submit to DeliciousSubmit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TechnoratiSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn

Board of Directors

Workforce Solutions is led by a locally nominated Board of Directors (Board) that is representative of the tri-county region it serves: Hidalgo, Willacy and Starr counties. This Board operates under the following guiding principles: Sustainable Partnerships, Economic Opportunity, and Strategic Vision for Change.

The 25-member Board consists of 51% private sector representation, while the remaining 49% is comprised of education, community-based organizations, labor, vocational rehabilitation, public assistance, and employment services representatives. This Board is responsible for the planning, evaluation, oversight, and fiscal accountability of the Workforce services and programs of the tri-county region.

staffpic1

Ms. Cristina Rivera

Board Chair

staffpic

Ms. Martha Rebeles

Vice Board Chair

team 3 copy

Ms. Dalinda Guillen

Board Treasurer

Mr. Federico Lopez Image

Mr. Federico Lopez

Board Secretary


Board Members

Hidalgo County

Dr. Ida Acuña-Garza

South Texas Literacy Coalition
Literacy/Child Care

 

Dr. Luis Daniel Buentello

Rio Grande Valley Center
Labor

 

Ms. Anabel Chavez

Spectrum 
Private Sector

 

Ms. Sara Garza

Texas Workforce Commission
Public Employment

 

Mr. Eduardo Garcia

Region One Education Service Center
Education

 

Ms. Rebeca Hernandez

Texas Health & Human Services Commission
Public Assistance

Ms. Carla Herrera

Walgreens
Private Sector

 

Mr. Francisco Lugo, Jr.

Index Fresh, LLC 
Private Sector/Veteran

 

Ms. Sonia Quintero

A.S.I. Advocates Searching for Independence, LLC 
Rehab

 

Ms. Cristina Rivera

Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Private Sector

 

Ms. Cristina Trejo-Vasquez

The Salvation Army
Community Based Org

 

Ms. Laura Treviño

Texas A&M University Colonias Program
Adult Basic Education

 

Starr County

Ms. Rose Benavidez

South Texas College
Education

 

Mr. Noel Benavides, Jr.

Clavellina Memorial Service
Private Sector

 

Ms. Dalinda Guillen

Rio Grande City Economic Development Council
Economic Development

 

Mr. Federico "Fred" Lopez

Knights of Columbus
Community Based Org

 

Mr. Cesar Vera

Parasio Del Rio Adult Day Care
Private Sector

Willacy County

Ms. Martha Rebeles

Martha Rebeles Insurance Agency - Farmers Insurance
Private Sector

 

Mr. Ricardo Salinas

Behavioral Health Solutions of South Texas - C.A.S.A. Coalition
Community Based Organization

 

Dr. Roy Sheneman

Valley Telephone Co-op, Inc.
Private Sector
 

City of McAllen

Ms. Lorena Castillo

Negrete & Castillo, LLP
Private Sector

 

Ms. Sonia Falcon

Lone Star National Bank
Private Sector

 

Ms. Rebecca "Becky" Guerra

El Patio on Guerra/Nuevo Santander Gallery
Private Sector

 

Mr. Roberto Luciano

Simon Management Associates, LLC
Private Sector

 

Chief Elected Officials

  • Lead Chief Elected Official – Judge Aurelio “Keter” Guerra, Willacy Co.

  • Judge Eloy Vera, Starr Co.

  • Judge Richard Cortez, Hidalgo Co.

  • Mayor Jim Darling, City of McAllen